Coconut Pannacotta with Lime and Ginger Pineapple
Prep: 10 minutes Setting time: 4 hours
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups coconut cream
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 1 tablespoon gelatin powder
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- ¼ cup of shredded coconut, toasted, for serving
Lime and ginger pineapple
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, halved, cored and sliced thinly into one-inch pieces
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- Zest of one lime
- 3 0.5mm slices ginger
- Pop cream and sugar into a saucepan over medium heat, stirring continuously until the sugar has completely dissolved, and the mixture just comes to the boil.
- Place boiling water into a heat-proof bowl and add gelatin by sprinkling it across the surface of the water. Whisk it quickly with a fork to ensure it all dissolves nicely and doesn’t gloop up.
- Using a whisk, combine your gelatin with your cream mixture and stir well.
- Add coconut cream and stir to combine.
- Divide mixture evenly between 8 moulds lightly oiled with coconut oil, or butter. Cover and place in the fridge until set (about 4 hours).
- Pop sugar and water onto the stove on a medium heat. Add lime zest and ginger.
- Stir until all dissolved and then leave for about 3-4 minutes until it gets slightly syrupy.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool to just warm.
- Pour over pineapple and place in the fridge to chill completely.
- To serve, place mould in hot tap water for 3-4 seconds and it should slide out easily. If not, try a few more seconds. Top with pineapples and toasted coconut.