Chicken, Leek & Mushroom Dumplings
- 300g Steggles chicken mince
- ½ leek, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- ½ cup assorted Asian mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 tsp. Chinese rice wine
- ¼ tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 30 fresh wonton wrappers
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil, for frying
- Heat oil in a fry-pan over medium heat, add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, add leek and cook for 3-4 minutes, until tender. Stir in mushrooms and cook until soft, add a dash of water if needed, take off the heat and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl combine mince and leek/mushroom mixture with rice wine, soy sauce, sesame oil, white pepper. Place 1 teaspoon mixture into centre of 1 wonton wrapper and brush the edges with water. Fold wonton over to make a triangle, bring base corners of triangle together and press firmly to join.
- To cook use either a bamboo steamer over a wok or a conventional steamer. Line the base with baking paper or brush with olive oil and place dumplings, in a single layer, in basket. Steam dumplings for 10 – 15 minutes or until tender and cooked through.
- In a small bowl or jug combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, honey, coriander and chilli. Serve the dumplings hot with the dipping sauce.
Chicken, Leek & Mushroom Dumplings as featured on Good Chef Bad Chef.