Chicken Curry Puffs
Prep: 17 minutes
Cooking: 17 minutes
- 300g Steggles chicken mince
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 200g potatoes, peeled, diced and boiled
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 3 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- Oil for frying
- Sour cream to serve
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion, mustard seeds, curry powder and ginger for 2-3 minutes. Add mince and garlic. Stir over medium heat until chicken is cooked and liquid has evaporated. Use a fork to break up any lumps as mince cooks. Stir in potato and chicken stock, bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir through mint and set aside to cool completely.
- Use a 7.5cm round cutter to cut nine circles from each pastry sheet. Spoon two teaspoons of filling onto one half of each pastry round. Fold the other side over to form a semi-circle and pinch the edges together to seal.
- Heat oil in a large pan and fry curry puffs in batches for 2-3 minutes until crisp and golden brown, drain on kitchen paper. Serve with sour cream.