Chicken Caesar Salad
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread, crusts removed
- olive oil spray
- 4 eggs
- 100g thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 baby Cos lettuce, outer leaves and core removed
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken, skin removed
- 1 avocado, peeled and seeded, sliced
- 1 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper, to serve
- 1 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1-2 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 1800C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Place eggs in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over a high heat; reduce heat slightly and simmer 5 minutes. Run eggs under cold water. Peel and set aside.
- Cut bread into 2cm pieces. Put on prepared tray. Spray liberally with oil. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, cook prosciutto in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat for 1 - 2 minutes each side or until well done. Place on kitchen paper to cool, then break into pieces.
- Place all dressing ingredients (except for water) in a bowl and stir to combine. Add enough water to make a thick, yet pourable dressing.
- Tear lettuce into bite size pieces. Arrange half each of the lettuce, chicken, avocado, prosciutto, parmesan and croutons in 4 serving dishes. Drizzle with half the dressing. Top with remaining ingredients. Cut eggs in half and place on salad. Drizzle salad with remaining dressing. Top with ground black pepper.
Tip: Store bought Caesar dressing can be used.