BBQ Mango Cheeks with Pavlova Ice cream
Prep: Overnight. Serving preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- 2 cups raspberries
- 170g tin of passionfruit pulp
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1-litre good quality vanilla ice cream
- 1 box of meringue drops
- 3 ripe mangoes
- White chocolate, for serving
- Fresh raspberries, for serving
- Place raspberries into a saucepan over a medium heat and add the sugar. Cook down for 15 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Place passionfruit puree into a saucepan and cook it down until slightly thickened.
- Place purees in the fridge to cool.
- Remove ice cream from the freezer and allow to soften. Place it into a large shallow container.
- Using only half of the raspberry mix, and the entire passionfruit dollop the purees into your ice cream but keep them far away from each other.
- Gently chop half the box of meringue drops and toss them evenly over.
- With a gentle swirling motion create a Pavlova swirl through your ice cream.
- Place ice cream into an appropriate container and return to freezer to harden overnight.
- To serve, slice the cheeks from mango, place them flesh side down on BBQ or griddle pan for about 5 minutes or until you get well caramelized lines on them.
- Spread a smear of raspberry swirl onto the plate; add a few raspberries and meringue drops. Lay your mango on the plate and top with a generous scoop of ice cream.
- Grate some white chocolate over the top.