Asian Turkey Skewers with Brown Rice
Prep: 25 minutes
Cooking: 5 minutes
- 2 x (approx 650gm) Steggles turkey breasts cut into 3cm pieces
- ½ cup teriyaki marinade, + extra ¼ cup, as dipping sauce, if desired
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 yellow capsicum, chopped
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 x 450gm packet microwave brown rice
- Steamed Asian greens, and lime wedges, to serve
- Place turkey and teriyaki marinade in a large snap-lock bag. Place in refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes to marinate.
- Drain turkey from marinade. Thread turkey, capsicum and onion, alternately, onto 8 wooden skewers. Lightly spray a chargrill or barbecue with oil and preheat over medium-high heat. Cook skewers, turning occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to packet instructions.
- Sprinkle skewers with shallots and sesame seeds and serve with rice, Asian greens, lime wedges and extra teriyaki marinade, if desired.
Note: You will need 8 wooden skewers, soaked for 10 minutes in cold water to stop them burning.