At Steggles, we are committed to ensuring our products and services are provided in a manner that will protect, maintain and enhance our environment. Some of our recent environmental management initiatives undertaken include:
- The implementation of ISO 14001: Environmental Management Systems for major company owned sites.
- Extensive reuse and recycling programs implemented across major production sites, including two state-of-the-art Protein Recovery Plants which enable us to render by-products into pet food and tallow, eliminating the need to send such material to landfill.
- Continual landscaping and tree planting to enhance our environment in and around our sites.
- Energy and water auditing and use of reduction programs to determine ways of improving our sustainability while reducing our carbon footprint.
- Participating in both compulsory and voluntary government programs such as the Australian Packaging Covenant. This program is designed to minimise the environmental impacts arising from the use of packaging and the disposal of used packaging, aiming to conserve resources and facilitate the re-use and recycling of used packaging materials.
In addition, some of our future projects will include the implementation of the above initiatives across most of the smaller company managed sites